EFT Externship: A 4-Day Workshop
Presenter: ICEEFT Certified EFT Trainer Debi Scimeca-Diaz, LMFT, LCADC
Dates: December 9-12 (Monday–Thursday), 2024 9:00 AM –5:30 PM EST each day
Fee: $1445. Earlybird fee until 9/1. $1345. Additional $100 discount for first 10 registrants. Current fee $1245. Includes 24 CE credits. Meals (coffee/refreshments and lunch), and all materials.
Venue: Lakewood, NJ (Hilton Garden Inn).
We have copied below (with permission) feedback from previous participants of this workshop:
1) “Thank you Nachas and Debi for a fantastic training! The whole experience was truly transformative for me as a therapist and as a person! I had heard really good things about this externship, and wanted to begin officially training in EFT, so I took the risk and flew in from Chicago for this training. I was not disappointed and walked out feeling that it was all very much worth it, and then some! The fun, clear, and hands-on experiential style of the trainer (and awesome helpers!) made the training enjoyable and relatable, giving me the confidence to begin working on my EFT skills the very next day!”
Yitzchok A. Freid, LCSW
2) “Thank you Nachas consulting for this amazing training. Debi is a skilled presenter that made this externship clear, interesting and fun.
Looking forward to continuing my education in EFT!”
Yael Kahan, LCSW
3) “Thank you so much for bringing this amazing training to our community.
I can only attempt to describe the tremendous impact it is having on my work with couples.
I would compare this modality to a clear road map guiding couples to communicate with each other in a profound way. This cutting-edge navigation system/EFT helps them reach their destination, a secure connection, bypassing any roadblocks or detours.”
With much gratitude,
Goldie Benedikt, LCSW
4) “The EFT training was an authentic experiential learning experience on a personal and professional basis. Debbie’s training evoked my longing for engagement, which is the core of this model. It was a great and safe environment to experience such basic modeling of skills along with humbleness and vulnerability.”
Moishe Mann, MSW
5) “This training experience was truly outstanding. Debi created a experiential learning experience which left me with a clear understanding of the EFT theory and process. I already see the positive impact this training in my personal and professional life. Worth every cent!”
Leeba Nockenofsky, MHC-LP CASAC-T
6) “Attending the EFT Externship with Debi was like taking off your glasses and giving them a desperately needed cleaning. The brilliant presentation of this foundational model of therapy left us all enlightened… and uplifted.”
Yehuda Selengut MSW-C
7) “I traveled from Israel to do the EFT externship with Debi after having spent a lot of time studying EFT on my own. I had very high expectations coming in, and the externship exceeded my expectations. It was enlightening, educational, fun and very connective. Nachas Consulting did an excellent job behind the scenes. They were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. I look forward to more work with EFT, with Debi and more trainings through Nachas!”
8) “The externship with Debi was a truly amazing experience. I could not imagine sitting through 4 full days of classes but could have done it for another 4 days! Debi is an expert therapist and educator and treated each of us with so much respect. I have already implemented what I learned and seen success. Thank you Nachas for making this happen.”
Avraham Greenwald, LCSW
9) “It was during my EFT externship
Yosef Gurevitch LCSW
Director WeClique Therapy Center
Director of Operations, Emotionally Focused Center of New Jersey
Adjunct Professor Wurzweiler School of Social Work
10) “The EFT externship with D
Tzipora Shub, LCSW
Private Practice, Brooklyn, NY and Monsey, NY
Clinical Instructor, Wurzweiler School of Social Work
Certified EMDR practitioner
11) “I have done this training given by Debi in February 2020 and it has literally changed my work dramatically. She is an incredibly talented clinician AND teacher. I highly recommend it!!”
Elchanan Erlanger LSW
WeClique Therapy Center
12) “Debi is an amazing person and trainer! She is deeply knowledgeable in EFT and has a unique ability to give it over in an experiential and entertaining way! I learned a lot from her and continue to try and implement the nuggets I have taken with me from the training. I would definitely recommend attending her trainings.”
Mordechai Jacobs, LCSW
DBT Intensively trained
13) “I took Debi’s EFT
Chanoch Krohn, LCSW
14) “I have recently attended this training and I can attest that it has taken my career to a whole new level!”
Aron Hirschfeld, LMSW, CASAC-T, CCTP
15) “Attending last year’s EFT Externship with Deb
Basically, I can’t say enough good about this, and I’m not being paid to say it so feel free to email me privately if you’d like to know more!”
Simi Lichtman, LCSW
To apply for this training, please send an email to Nachasconsulting@gmail.com
Upon receipt of the application, we will be in contact with you regarding acceptance status and payment information.
- Name, Address, Email, telephone
- Highest degree earned, License type & number, and current employer
- Are you interested in CEUs?
- Please copy and past the statements below.
I have the educational training, qualifications, and professional credentials to practice as a mental health professional in the area where I live or I am in a formal training program of supervised internship to become a mental health professional.
I agree to keep confidential the personal identifying information of case material shared in the training.
I agree to not record any part of this training in any format (audio, video, or visual). Personal written notes of non-confidential material are permitted.
EFT Externship: A 4-Day Workshop
Emotionally Focused Therapy, often called EFT, is a form of therapy that strives to help individuals identify the underlying emotions that guide their relationships. The EFT approach was first developed by Susan Johnson and Les Greenberg in the 1980s, and it continues to become one of the most popular and effective ways to improve relationships. EFT is a data validated approach to therapy, based in attachment theory. It is used with couples, families, individuals, and even businesses. Focused on creating connections in relationships. EFT leads to greater fulfillment and success.
The EFT Externship, as developed by Dr. Sue Johnson and presented by ICEEFT-Certified Trainer Debi Scimeca-Diaz, LMFT, LCADC, is more than just an introduction to Emotionally Focused Therapy. It is an educational and experiential immersion in learning a new and empirically validated way to work with couples. The EFT Externship is the first step toward EFT Certification
The 4-day EFT externship is not days of lectures and slides. Debi Scimeca-Diaz is a powerful, passionate presenter who believes in “teach, show, do,” which means you will learn through a variety of modalities, including: watching and discussing clinical videos of EFT therapists working with couples; practicing through role plays and experiential exercises that will help you “feel” the model in a safe, supportive way through the assistance of advanced EFT clinicians; and processing through daily small-group “homeroom” sessions, which are a supportive place for questions and group discussion… Additionally, you will have the opportunity to witness Debi practice the model through TWO LIVE CONSULTATIONS, working with two different volunteer client couples.
You will leave the Externship with a new way to conceptualize your work with couples and a road map for how to work in the moment, in the room with them, so that you are more confident in helping your couples reconnect and repair. As often reported by attendees, you may also leave the Externship with a more compassionate way to see the relationships in your own life.
Debi Scimeca-Diaz, LMFT, LCADC is a certified trainer by the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEFT) which is the organization that certifies the program and the presenters. Dr. Sue Johnson, who founded ICEEFT, in 1998, heads the organization in Ottawa, Canada, and personally oversees the training and competency of all the core group of people who are certified to teach EFT. The Centre offers educational courses and training to mental health professionals (externships, workshops, core training, etc.), provides certification for EFT therapists around the world and undertakes clinical research studies. ICEEFT works closely with its various affiliated EFT Centers and Communities.
Debi Scimeca-Diaz Professional Background
• Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
• Certified Emotionally Focused Trainer and Supervisor (www.ICEEFT.com)
• Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
• AAMFT Approved Supervisor
• Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor
• With over 25 years experience in the field
EFT Externship: A 4-Day Workshop
- Describe the basic experiential and systemic concepts of an “emotionally focused” approach to couples therapy.
- Describe couple distress and relationship repair based on the EFT model and attachment theory.
- Assist partners in reprocessing the emotional responses that maintain relational distress.
- Assist partners in shaping new interactional patterns and in creating bonding events.
- Identify interventions to overcome therapeutic impasses with couples
- Explain basic Attachment Theory and how it informs working with couples, dyads and individuals in EFT
- List the three Stages of EFT.
- Discuss how to frame the negative cycle (e.g., pursue/withdraw) emphasizing attachment needs (e.g., closeness, connection, importance of the other, fear of loss)
- Describe the basic moves of the EFT Tango
- Describe the three change events in EFT for couples: de-escalation, withdrawer engagement and pursure softening.
Application Deadline: December, 7 2024 or until all training spaces are filled, whichever comes first.
Notification of Acceptance: Applicants will be notified, via email, of acceptance when registration is complete and payment is received.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Tuition/registration payments are refundable (minus $50) until November 1, 2024. Cancellations after this date are non-refundable. In this situation, we will attempt to find someone to take your slot (based on our waiting list).
Course level: Introductory
Level of clinician: Introductory
Accessibility: Conference is hanicap accessible. If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification
Continuing Education Credit is granted through Nefesh International for the following professions: Psychologists, Social workers, Mental Health Counselors, and LMFTs. It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards to verify CE requirements for their state.
NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Neuhoff Psychological Consulting . NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International, maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Participants must have paid the tuition fee, signed in and out each day, attended the entire workshop, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to sign/log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available electronically after satisfactory course completion. A link will be provided for those who have completed the training.
EFT Externship: A 4-Day Workshop
|Day 1: Monday, December 9|
|Day 2: Tuesday December 10|
|Day 3: Wednesday December 11|
|Day 4: Thursday December 12|